Young baseball players from around the world marched their way down First Street today to kick off the 2014 Little League Intermediate World Series.
I grabbed my camera, headed downtown, and took a few snapshots of the action. Check out the photo gallery to see all the teams below.
Games start Tuesday, 7/29 at 9am and play everyday until the championship game on Monday 8/4 at 4pm. For more information and a complete schedule, visit IntermediateWorldSeries.org
While you can watch the games live online at GranadaMatadors.org, it’s best to grab your lawn chair and head over to Max Baer Park on Murdell Lane just off Concannon Boulevard. Last year was exciting and yes, wait for it, fresh kettle corn was available.
Who’s playing and where are all the teams from you ask? They are…
- Asia-Pacific (Gyeonggi, South Korea)
- CA District 57 (San Ramon, CA, USA)
- Canada (Surrey, British Columbia, Canada)
- Central (Taylor, MI, USA)
- East (Berlin, MD, USA)
- Europe-Africa (Brno, Czech Republic)
- Latin America (Willemstad, Curaçao)
- Puerto Rico (San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico)
- Southeast (Barboursville, WV, USA)
- Southwest (Midland, TX, USA)
- West (Nogales, AZ, USA)
I’ve linked to their hometown Wikipedia page so you can learn a little bit about where they are from. If you see the players around town, be sure and give them that awesome Livermore welcome!